IABC offers many resources for communicators
As a KC/IABC member, you have access to a wealth of information provided by both the Kansas City chapter and the international organization.
Here’s what’s new:
- See the KC IABC Style Guide for tips on correct usage and formatting for online and print communications – website, newsletter, social media and collateral.
- See KC IABC Colors for correct formulas for colors for the chapter and for the Special Interest Groups.
- Here is a list of current members of Kansas City IABC.
Since 1970, IABC has been a vibrant resource to help corporate groups, students and professional communicators like you:
- Learn and grow with innovative CONTENT
- As a member, you’ll have access to a collection of thousands of articles, peer-reviewed research and fresh insights at your fingertips.
- Build and accelerate your CAREER
- Tap into industry-specific resources and international communications experts. IABC helps guide you through your career path with the Career Road Map and comprehensive educational offerings to assist in achieving your career goals.
- Connect with like-minded professionals by engaging in a COMMUNITY
- You’ll network with thought leaders at the local, regional, and international levels. Make life-long business and personal connections through your IABC membership.
Here are some tools and resources you need to succeed:
- Professional Development Grant– A grant designed to give our members financial assistance to attend an IABC sponsored professional development event.
- Communication World– Online magazine packed with communication-management strategy and tactics, research findings, case studies, peer perspectives and more.
- Chapter events – Opportunities for meeting industry peers face to face at luncheons, conferences, happy hours and special interest group meetings.
- Job Bank– Listing of communication, marketing and related openings available in the metro area. Any company may post for free, but listings are viewable to members only. If you’re looking for a position outside the Kansas City area, check IABC’s Job Centre.
- Volunteer – Enhance your leadership and management skills by volunteering for IABC Kansas City.
- Certification program– Professional credential program recognizing communicators who have reached a globally accepted standard of knowledge and proficiency in their chosen field. Over the past several years, IABC conducted broad research to determine the needs of communication professionals throughout all stages of their career, and build a global foundation for this program. IABC identified Global Standards — four distinct career paths and related job competencies. In partnership with a professional credentialing consultant, IABC is working toward a certification program that will help the communication profession evolve to the next level.
- View a list of Accredited Business Communicators in the Kansas City chapter.
- IABC member directory– Real time and searchable by name, company or city. This database contains all of the global members of IABC International. Access requires your IABC log-in credentials.
- Kansas City IABC member directory–Members are in alphabetical order by first name. List contains contact information. Contact Elaine Symanski with any updates to your information.
- Special interest groups from KC IABC– Connecting people with industry peers (i.e., entrepreneurs, new to the field or young communicators, master communicators and those interested in social networking and new technologies)
And, don’t forget, members receive special member pricing on everything IABC provides — from chapter events, award entry fees, research and much more!
Click here for information about the benefits of membership for individuals, corporations and students.
About KC IABC and IABC
KC IABC is the Kansas City chapter of the International Association of Business Communicators (IABC). KC IABC, a six-time International Chapter of the Year winner, provides professional development, networking and career opportunities for a wide variety of communications professionals.
Our diverse membership represents the professions of public relations, corporation communications, marketing, design, videography, photography and more. Our members work in communications for large corporations, small businesses, ad agencies and non-profits. We’re also pleased to have a number of self-employed entrepreneurs in our ranks, as well as college students who are looking forward to a career in the field.