University of Kansas Cancer Center: Website & Social Media Coordinator
The University of Kansas Cancer Center is seeking a Website & Social Media Senior Coordinator to be responsible for web and social media strategy and implementation as directed by the Director of Public Relations and Communications. The Coordinator will provide overall support of the website to include design and functionality, content development, technology support and customer relationship management. In addition, will be responsible for developing strategies to increase consumer base on Cancer Center social channels (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn and You Tube) by outlining and managing social calendar and conceptualizing tactics to increase audience engagement.
• Manage the coordination and publication of content for the cancer center website by using the content management systems in place. Coordinate and hold meetings with Subject Matter Experts (SME) or individuals across campus to facilitate internet development and content collection.
• Create and publish relevant, original, high-quality content on cancer trends, prevention, research, clinical advancements, Cancer Center personnel accolades/awards, etc. and manage a regular publishing schedule.
• Manage social media marketing campaigns and day-to-day activities including: develop relevant content topics to reach the Cancer Center’s target audiences. create, curate, and manage all published content (images, video and written), monitor, listen and respond to users.
• Effectively implement design and content updates to the website while also ensuring standards for timeliness and quality are met. Responsible for maintaining accuracy and timeliness of website information.
• Research other websites and make suggestions about content expansion, competitive analysis, e-strategies and future trends. Monitor trends in social media tools, applications, channels, design and strategy.
• Use graphic and technology skills to design and produce new pages for the website as needed. Ensures adherence to system graphic standards, editorial standards and web standards.
• Manage the flow of project requests from various cancer center departments. Assists with assigning priorities for each assignment and tracking outcomes.
• Coordinate building and incorporating the cancer center brand and image into the look and feel of the sites using content management system templates, including redesigns as needed. Maintain cancer center graphic standards throughout the site and social media, as assigned. Evaluates and approves links for cancer center website from external websites.
• Coordinate reporting analytics for website areas of responsibility, social media and e-publications monthly, as assigned. Analyze campaigns and translate anecdotal or qualitative data into recommendations and plans for revising social media, content marketing, search engine optimization and social advertising campaigns. Monitor effective benchmarks for measuring the impact of social media campaigns.
• May assist in the creation, editing and/or digital sharing or promotion of consumer facing video projects. May also serve as key point of contact for web fulfillment including: photos, graphics, call-to-actions, file downloads, etc. on .com. Responsible for ensuring all pieces are up-to-date, accurate and reportable.
• Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Journalism, Communications or related field. Three to five years direct experience working with website content and design development.
• Must have in-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms and be proficient in content marketing theory and application.
• Must have advanced computer skills/software knowledge: HTML, Photoshop, Mailchimp, Sitecore, etc. for content publishing and editing.
• Previous sourcing and managing content development and publishing skills needed.
• Working knowledge of principles of search engine optimization including keyword research and Google Analytics and “Search and Social.”
• Excellent writing, editing and project coordination skills.
• Excellent communication skills with internal and external groups.
• Experience in a healthcare setting or similar environment preferred. Training and/or presentation experience preferred. Graphic Design and CSS knowledge helpful.
Salary & Benefits
Salary to be discussed during interview. The University of Kansas Cancer Center offers excellent benefits including ample time off and retirement benefits.
How to Apply
To apply, please go to: https://jobs.kumc.edu/ and reference Position number: 01202485.
Feel free to contact Alana Estes, Senior Recruiter at 913-588-5387 or firstname.lastname@example.org.