UMB Bank: External Communications Manager
This role strategically creates, directs and manages external communication duties in the following areas: media relations, investor relations, content development/positioning and corporate communication. Develops, manages and maintains a favorable public relations climate with the community, media, and stockholders.
Key functions include:
– Develops and executes strategic external communication plans to support company priorities and goals.
– Collaborates with internal partners to identify opportunities to promote business and thought leaders externally in a variety of ways.
– Develops and maintains productive relationships with local, regional and national (including trade publications) media contacts; this includes direct, proactive and reactive media outreach
– Develops and writes guest columns, press releases, media statements, public speaking points, messaging, etc.
– Personally develops, or works with internal team and/or agency partners to develop, a variety of materials, including blog posts, videos, infographics, etc.
– Manages investor relations communication and media relations, including earnings, M&A, etc.
– Strategically and directly contributes to company’s social media efforts, including content development
– Day-to-day manager and leader for PR agency
– Serves as company spokesperson, as needed
– Leads crisis communication management and execution
– Assists with external special events as needed.
– Analyzes, measures and reports on output to validate approach, assess value, capture ROI (when possible), etc.
– Monitors and shares industry news with key constituents to help assess risks or opportunities for company
– Assists with other Corporate Communications projects as needed.
– Other duties as assigned.
Job Minimum Requirements :
– Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communication, or Journalism
– Minimum 8 years of related experience
– 3 years personal agency experience or experience managing an agency highly desired
Job Preferred Requirements :
– 10 years related experience
– 5 years of personal agency experience or experience managing a PR agency
Job Minimum Knowledge and Skills
– Demonstrates excellent verbal communication and writing skills.
– Demonstrates excellent project management skills including the ability to meet deadlines and stay within project budgets.
– Excellent media relations skills, with a proven track record of strategically and proactively securing placements.
– Demonstrates ability to effectively interact with all levels of associates including C-suite executives
– Ability to multi-task, work quickly and efficiently, and able to manage unforeseen projects as they arise.
– Strong technology and computer skills
– Demonstrates excellent work habits and attendance and follows policies and procedures
Salary & Benefits
We strive to deliver the unparalleled customer experience, and show customers they can count on more from UMB. The same is true for our associates. You can count on more benefits, more training, more support, and more opportunity!
What you’ll get
Unique Benefit Programs:
We offer a great benefits package including several unique programs like an incentive-based wellness program, parental leave, adoption assistance and health care for you, your spouse or domestic partner, your dependents and even your pets!!
We provide our associates with the tools they need to support their career goals – including training, tuition reimbursement and career guidance.
Giving back is a big part of who we are! We support several great causes throughout the UMB footprint. We even offer Volunteer Time Off, which allows associates to dedicate 16 hours a year to a worthy cause of their choice.
Culture of Diversity and Inclusion:
We are committed to building a strong UMB by hiring talented, high-performing associates with diverse backgrounds. Maybe you simply want to work at a company where you have a voice and an opportunity to share your unique ideas.
How to Apply
Please visit us at careers.umb.com to view a list of all available opportunities. UMB is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Principals only. No 3rd parties or agencies, please.