Tradewind Energy: Proposal Writer
Our company is growing exponentially—and we are seeking an energetic Proposal Writer to help coordinate with members of our technical and business team and prepare cutting edge bid packages.
The successful candidate will support and be a member of our highly experienced Originations and Business Development team to create and assemble proposals for prospective clients. You will:
- Create/assemble and manage bid packages for multiple RFPs
- Collaborate with management, the business development team, engineers, and financial analysts to seamlessly weave together the proposal content
- Edit, proofread, and format content provided by team members
- Write some proposal content from scratch, using interviews with team members
- Create a “unified voice” and package content submitted by multiple people
- Highlight our company’s track record and philosophy in the proposal narrative
- Track and manage multiple proposals, and meet tight deadlines
- Excellent written and presentation communication skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint. An ability to quickly read, review, analyze and summarize large amounts of information, such as project information and market research.
- Project management skills and an ability to be highly organized and manage multiple processes and tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to clearly and concisely present written and oral information to Management and the customer.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree— 3+ years’ experience in business writing
- Strong experience—creating content and graphics in MS Word
- Ability to work expediently— meet aggressive deadlines
- Upbeat and positive attitude—working in a fast-paced team environment
- Detail-oriented—making sure all pieces of proposal are in place
- Ability to manage multiple deadlines—in a calm fashion
- Be a team player—in a close-knit, fast-paced environment
- Willingness to learn new concepts—in the renewable energy, environmental, permitting and finance fields
About Tradewind Energy
Tradewind Energy, Inc. is one of the largest independent wind and solar project development companies in the U.S. Founded in 2003, our company has earned a reputation for innovation in the market, for our highly skilled and passionate team, and for the respect we demonstrate for the people and communities where we develop projects.
We’ve been honored with the Kansas Governor’s Energy Achievement Award and bestowed the national Outstanding Commercial Achievement Award by the American Wind Energy Association. Our founders were named 2013 finalists for the E&Y Entrepreneur of the Year.
Our workplace culture attracts competitive, smart and fun people. We are committed to the health, fitness and work-life balance of our employees. We have an on-site fitness facility and it’s not unusual to see our employees cycling to work. Our 110 employees are highly motivated, technically proficient, team oriented and committed to renewable energy. In addition to exceptional employee benefits and a beautifully designed workplace, we enjoy a balance of work and play and provide our employees with healthy snacks and catered lunches. We offer our employees highly competitive pay and above market benefits.
We take great pride in our demonstrated ability to deliver low-cost wind and solar energy to diverse markets while maintaining an uncompromising commitment to long-term project quality. To date, Tradewind has contracted for more than 3 GW of installed wind and solar capacity, powering over 1 million homes with clean energy. We continue to grow and are rapidly expanding our portfolio.
Please submit a resume + 3 writing samples (at least 1 p. each) to:
Tradewind Energy, Inc.
16105 W. 113th Street, Suite 105
Lenexa, KS 66219
Attention: Kathryn Pakdel