OMNI on behalf of Children International: Internal Communications Manager
OMNI is honored to support Children International in the search for an Internal Communications Manager to join their organization.
Children International is a $145 million international humanitarian organization that addresses global poverty at the root cause level by working directly with children and youth around the world. This progressive organization develops and delivers programs based on four pillars: health, education, empowerment and employment. Their core belief is investing in children and youth for the first two decades of their lives is the single best answer to breaking the cycle of poverty, especially generational poverty.
Reporting to a highly respected Communications Director, this individual will be responsible for crafting and implementing communication strategies, plans and messages for employees around the globe. Incumbent will travel to international field offices to observe programs firsthand, build relationships with global staff, and devise a communication strategy that creates better alignment and buy in across the organization.
• Partner with Children International leadership and the Editorial Board to develop a distinctive employee voice that is aligned with the Children International brand.
• Develop a communications strategy, annual communication plan and tactical deliverables
across global CI to drive engagement and ownership of the mission, priorities and key
initiatives and to engage employees in the journey of Children International’s transformation.
• Partner with HR to field an annual employee satisfaction survey to determine employee
engagement levels, communicating results organization wide and facilitating improvement
plans as needed.
• Develop communications for Children International executive leaders, including presentations, speeches, articles, columns, letters and other communications as identified for internal and external audiences.
• Build and maintain the global crisis communication plan, facilitating and engaging leadership
as needed in times of activation.
• Build a creative resource plan in dollars, resource selection (creative agencies, freelance,
internal or other resources), etc. to meet client expectations.
• Provide guidance to internal teams and external partners on the execution of employee communication initiatives as appropriate.
• Provide compelling feedback of organizational progress, success stories and results to
executive and employee audiences.
• Use a variety of media including print, video, social channels, presentations and other
• Frequent travel to agency locations around the globe to build an understanding of
communication needs and to ensure communication approaches are culturally effective.
• Bilingual in English & Spanish highly preferred. Requires strong Spanish speaking skills
• 7-10 years’ experience in internal communications or change management
• Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
• Strong writing, editing, proofreading, layout and design, professional printing/publishing
skills are essential, including ability to present concepts verbally
• Public relations experience a plus
• Relentlessly results-oriented with demonstrated ability to achieve strategic objectives
• Broad understanding of technology solutions to facilitate improved global communication
• Demonstrated ability to achieve outcomes within established resources
• Bachelor’s degree in communication, journalism or public relations; Master’s degree a plus
We appreciate your suggestions or referrals to professionals who may have an interest in this outstanding opportunity. Formal interest accepted through the OMNI Executive Career Portal.
How to Apply
Please direct all inquiries to:
OMNI Human Resource Management
Michelle Anderson, Senior Search Consultant