KCP&L: Social Media Analyst
The Social Media Analyst is primarily responsible for creating compelling and engaging content for external audiences using KCP&L’s social media properties. This position will work with leadership and internal clients throughout the company to create this content and respond to inquiries via social media. In addition, this position will help craft both paid and organic social campaigns. This position will be expected to help as a community manager for KCP&L’s social media outreach. In addition, this position will focus on reporting and metrics that help inform and shape the company’s social media strategy.
• Drafting content, including advertising, for social media channels – 30%
• Monitoring social media channels and answering questions and comments in a timely manner – 30%
• Compiling metrics for regular and ad hoc social media reports using content management system (Sprinklr) – 20%
• Staying up-to-date on social media trends and changes – 10%
• Assisting with other Corporate Communications functions as necessary – 10%
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
• Strong and efficient writing and editing abilities, specifically for social and digital channels
• Knowledge of social media best practices and experience working with with social channels
• Ability to translate technical information into content for and external audiences.
• Demonstrated ability to manage several projects at once with attention to detail and follow-through.
• Understanding of corporate communications strategy and ability to recommend communications programs and tactical suggestions.
• Ability to work cross-functionally.
• Ability to work effectively in a team environment and collaborate with a variety of groups, including employees, clients and vendors.
• Enthusiasm for professional development.
• Some knowledge of visual communications (photography and video)
Education and Experience Requirements
• This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in a communications-related field and at least 3-5 years experience in social media, public relations, communications or marketing.
• Strong written and verbal communications skills.
• Experience in utility industry is preferred but not mandatory.
• Experience in administering social content management system, Sprinklr, preferred, but not mandatory.
• Effective people skills and project management also are essential.
How to apply: Online here
Contact: Jeffrey Beeson Email: Jeffrey.Beeson@kcpl.com