Kansas Association of Insurance Agents: Professional Development and Events Manager
We have a position open for a Professional Development and Events Manager. This position is responsible for effective administration and oversight of the events and educational offerings for the association. An integral part of the team, this high-energy problem-solver will manage the planning and execution of current events and educations offerings in a creative and fiscally responsible way. This individual will build positive relationships with our members and find opportunities to add value in their professional development while growing revenue. Current KAIA networking events include Rural and Small Agents Conference, Leadership & Development Conference, Legislative Day, President’s Classic Event, Young Agents Annual Conference along with approximately 20 stand-alone education classes. This position is based in our Topeka office with the potential to work remotely several days a week.
The core job responsibilities of the Professional Development and Events Manager include the following:
• Be the primary member contact for all education and member networking events for KAIA.
• Schedule, plan, coordinate, oversee and execute all aspects of events and educational opportunities offered by KAIA including determining site location, technology needs, lodging, topics, speakers, course descriptions, continuing education filing requirements and staffing of events.
• Negotiate contracts with vendors for all association events.
• Manage the events registration process including making sure that member information is maintained in association membership database.
• Maintain positive relationships with members and respond to inquiries in a timely basis.
• Serve as primary liaison to the Professional Development Committee working with it to evaluate member educational needs to develop a plan to support members with high-quality training and networking opportunities.
• Proactively work with the marketing team to increase awareness of education courses and networking events to drive increased participation.
• File course outlines and CE credits with the Kansas Insurance Department while always endeavoring to find ways to improve efficiencies in the process.
• Periodically monitor the department’s financials and communicate projected shortfalls or risks to meeting objectives to your supervisors.
• Assist with maintenance of member data and the membership renewal process.
• Additional duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s or Associates degree preferred.
• Meeting planning experience required; Certified Meeting Planner designation a plus.
• Insurance industry experience a plus.
• Proficiency with Microsoft office suite required with experience in video/web conferencing preferred.
• Experience negotiating contracts with hotels, vendors and speakers is preferred.
• Customer service oriented.
• Travel is required- 15% overnight
• Valid driver’s license.
• Lift and move items up to 40 lbs.
• Sit, stand and walk for extended periods of time.
• Ability to work on the computer for hours at a time.
• Bend, kneel and reach items.
• Frequent use of hands to manipulate, handle or feel objects, tools or controls.
• Must be able to speak and listen effectively.
• Vision abilities for close vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
Salary & Benefits Compensation level based on experience.
– Paid Holiday
– Health Benefits
– Flexible Work Environment
– Opportunity to work remotely
How to Apply
To apply, visit https://dashboard.idealtraits.com/career/KAIA/15579444604vie.