Home Builders Association of Greater Kansas City: Communications Coordinator (Part-Time or Internship)
The HBA is seeking a communications coordinator to assist with coordinating and implementing multiple communications and marketing strategies. This person will be responsible for writing and distributing communications related to events and other topics both internally to its members and externally to consumers.
1. Responsible for writing/editing content for a variety of communications channels including a monthly magazine, flyers, websites, invitations, press releases, scripts and more.
2. Manage the organization’s social media sites, including creating a schedule of posts for each. (Includes Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Houzz, LinkedIn, Pinterest, YouTube.)
3. Write, create and distribute the organization’s weekly electronic newsletter.
4. Schedule, develop and distribute weekly emails on a variety of topics to membership.
5. Schedule and disseminate new member materials as needed and track on-boarding progress.
6. Assist in evaluating effectiveness of marketing efforts for major events.
7. Additional duties as assigned.
• Excellent communication skills (oral, written, as well as listening)
• Superior grammatical and punctuation skills; Knowledge of AP style preferred
• Superior time management/project skills with ability to set priorities
• Positive, self-starter attitude who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions
• Ability to maintain professionalism while negotiating changing priorities in a fast-paced environment
Education & Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in journalism, marketing, public relations, communications or related field — or working toward one of these degrees currently.
• One year professional experience in journalism, advertising or related industry preferred but not required.
How to Apply
Please send cover letter, resume and two writing samples to Kari English, director of communications, at email@example.com. No phone calls please.