American Century Investments: Corporate Communications Specialist
American Century Investments® is a leading asset manager focused on delivering investment results and building long-term client relationships while supporting research that can improve human health and save lives. It’s how we manage money and make an impact.
The primary responsibility of the Corporate Communications Specialist is to assist with the implementation of internal communications programs designed to educate and inform American Century Investments employees about corporate strategic initiatives, business priorities and important industry issues. The Specialist also helps manage the company intranet. Applicants must have internal communications work experience that demonstrates strengths in writing, editing and intranet management.
Works in conjunction with other members of the Corporate Communications team and internal business partners to create daily content for the firm’s intranet platform—and other internal communications platforms—to support business priorities. Builds relationships across the firm’s business units to identify stories of compelling interest to the broader employee audience. Content should help drive organizational productivity and collaboration, while building understanding of the firm’s strategic priorities, business goals and culture. In addition to written content, the Specialist also creates visual elements to accompany stories (photography, video, illustrations) to drive readership and employee engagement.
Beyond daily news content, the Specialist will be involved in creating and maintaining a new platform for evergreen intranet content including corporate information and policies, procedures, guidelines, historical information and benefits. Site updates occur almost daily.
Coordinates and assists with oversight of intranet site architecture and updates as the primary technical consultant with internal stakeholders. This includes site review, new platform implementation and content audit. Stays current on issues and developments around best practice for internal communications.
Supports the firm’s social media initiatives by coordinating compliance reviews of content, scheduling social media posts and monitoring engagement. Helps develop strategies for targeting influencers to support the company’s integrated marketing campaigns.
Meetings, events and logistics.
Assists with the planning, coordination and execution of company events and programs designed to enhance employee engagement and support key strategic priorities.
• Models the American Century Investments Winning Behaviors- Client Focused, Courageous and Accountable, Collaborative, Curious and Adaptable, Competitive Drive
• Strong writer with solid knowledge of AP Style writing guidelines; candidates must demonstrate excellent grammar, spelling and proofreading skills.
• Excellent analytical skills.
• Strategic thinker with storytelling ability.
• Acumen to understand the impact of communication as it relates to employee engagement.
• Understanding of social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and YouTube.
• Basic understanding of the asset management/financial services industry or interest in learning about the industry.
• Interest in and curiosity about social and mobile technologies and how they can be used to solve business and marketing problems.
• Flexible in managing multiple programs and projects while working in a changing environment.
• Work both independently and as a member of a team.
• Ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
• Ability to take ownership of a project from concept to execution.
Required Experience and Skills:
• Ability to take ownership of projects large and small from concept to execution.
• Working knowledge of online content-management systems.
• Attention to detail and adherence to deadlines is a must.
• Attentive to needs of business and business partners.
Preferred Experience and Skills:
• Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, English or a related field.
• Two or more years of experience in a Corporate Communications, Public Relations or related communications field.
• Familiarity with intranet platforms (e.g., Dynamic Signal, Facebook Workplace, Service Now).
• Familiarity with knowledge-base platforms (e.g., Knowledge Owl, Quip, Bloomfire).
• Experience with elements of online communications, such as a working knowledge of web design and basic user experience principles, search, social media, and/or knowledge of web analytics.
• Working knowledge of graphic design programs such as Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Acrobat Pro).
EOE Policy Statement: American Century Investments believes all individuals are entitled to equal employment opportunity and advancement opportunities without regard to race, religious creed, color, sex, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age for individuals forty years of age and older, military and veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other basis protected by applicable federal, state and local laws. ACI does not discriminate or adopt any policy that discriminates against an individual or any group of individuals on any of these bases.
How to Apply
Please apply directly to our website by following the link https://americancentury.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/AmericanCenturyInvestments/job/Kansas-City-Missouri/Corporate-Communications-Specialist_R0002512