Kansas City’s largest gathering of business communicators took place on Tuesday, Feb. 9, 2016, at the Holiday Inn on the Country Club Plaza in Kansas City, MO. Our keynote speaker was PEG FITZPATRICK, co-author of The Art of Social Media with Guy Kawasaki. JULIE BARTELS SMITH, ABC, was emcee for the day.
Other sessions and presenters were:
- We’re Going to the ‘Ship! – Social Media Marketing for Big Events with ANGELA CRAWFORD AND ALAN GROSBACH, NAIA
- What’s in a Voice? Developing Authentic, Personal Content for Executives with JULIE EDGE, PHD, Chief Storyteller and Co-Founder, Creelio
- Going Beyond the Resume with VIRGINIA HARRIS, Recruiter, hr-haven
- LUNCH and EXECUTIVE PANEL moderated by ANGELA CONNELLY, with JEN GULVIK, SVP-Marketing, Creative Director, Houlihan’s Restaurants; KANON COZAD, Senior Vice President and Chief Information Officer, TranSystems ; and VALERIE NICHOLSON-WATSON, Chief Executive Officer, Harvesters
- From Millennials to Baby Boomers: Managing an Intergenerational Workforce with ERIN BLOCHER, Instructor, communications speaker/facilitator
- Online Writing & Formatting Tips for Good User Experience with MARJIE GOODMAN, Enterprise Collaboration Strategist, DEG
- Content Strategy: The Cool New Job You’re Already Doing with ALICIA BACKLUND, Content Strategist, Level Five Solutions
- Communicating the Vision – Creating Associate Brand Ambassadors with MALLORY MURRAY, Team Lead, Internal Communications, Cerner
- Rise, Consumer! Rise! Understanding Omni-Channel Marketing and the Six Critical Questions That Must Be Answered in the Age of The Empowered Consumer with SEAN R. NICHOLSON, Co-Founder/CTO, AthleteEngine.com and Owner, Ignition90.com
Here are some photos from the action-packed day, captured by ROY HARRYMAN and TARA LITZENBERGER.